Today’s network services and applications demand greater bandwidth and come with increasingly high user expectations for quality, dictating that communication service providers (CSPs) and enterprises no longer view network performance management exclusively from an infrastructure perspective. CSPs and corporations must take a service-centric approach to the delivery of network connectivity and VPN services, one that gives them visibility into services and enables them to map service-related issues to network resources, and vice-versa.
An all-IP infrastructure represents the best technology for handling the growing traffic in mobile and residential media content, multi-application business services and bandwidth-intensive data storage and transfer. However, converged MPLS traffic with different class of service (CoS) prioritizations and the deployment of new equipment introduce higher degrees of complexity to network management.
CSPs and enterprises seeking to meet these next-generation service and application quality challenges and overcome the associated network performance management complexities need a network performance monitoring, network performance reporting and capacity planning tool that gives them integrated, end-to-end visibility of not only infrastructure but service quality and availability as well.
InfoVista solutions for network performance management provide:
- Support for standard network technologies and services including IP/MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, IP-VPN, ATM, frame relay, mobile data, CMTS, DSL and WiFi
- Centralized multivendor, multi-domain and multi-technology performance data on capacity, traffic, devices and SLAs, which helps service providers/user organizations avoid the inefficiencies of technology-silo solutions
- Accurate modeling of dynamic MPLS and Carrier Ethernet environments to ensure correct metrics are defined for every device, service and customer account
- Optimization-enabling reports on traffic passing through network elements and data infrastructures. These empower service providers and enterprises to achieve quality of service (QoS) targets for each service and customer
- Accurate baseline, utilization and trend analysis to ensure that core, aggregation and access network capacities exist to meet current and future customer demands
- Scalable processing of multiple, sophisticated measurements (e.g. CoS loading, jitter, utilization, response time, saturation and percentile) on tens of thousands of devices
- Out-of-the-box support for many device types from leading industry vendors including: Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, Juniper, Ericsson, Nortel, Huawei, ADVA Optical, F5 (including BIG-IP), CheckPoint, Arris and others
- Interoperability with business-critical application performance management capabilities such as application traffic analysis, WAN optimization and application acceleration, and application response-time management