The cloud service business model (on-demand, self-service, pay as you go) allows enterprises to be much more agile in delivering new services and replying to end-user business requirements. It also represents a dramatic shift in the way enterprises will source and deliver IT services to their organizations.
The enterprise demands for innovative cloud services create a significant opportunity for communication service providers (CSPs) to solidify market positioning and increase revenue. In an industry used to providing “five nines” availability, the addition of cloud services to a portfolio that already includes managed Virtual Private Networks (VPN) provides an opportunity for the CSP to become the enterprise’s trusted single point of service. With most of the core operational and technical foundation already in place, the most practical approach to accelerate a private cloud services launch is to rely on an already established ecosystem of proven support solutions, reducing time to market and additional investments. InfoVista delivers service visualization; a method enabling the CSP to provide an online, real-time view of the service to the cloud consumer. It provides visual understanding of the linkage of the resources that support the IaaS delivery for each customer, mapping physical and virtual resources together to provide a true look and feel of the service in the cloud.
InfoVista’s solution for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) combines best-of-breed VistaInsight® for Networks, Service Data Manager™ and Vista360™, the award winning Web 2.0 collaborative portal. It’s proven, cross-functional, multi-service performance assurance platform is uniquely suited to the demands of IaaS, fulfilling the carrier grade requirements of CSPs in both cloud service assurance and securing service adoption. It enables service providers to:
- Differentiate IaaS services by monetizing the application layer
- Assure end-user QoE in a dynamic, elastic cloud environment
- Measure and report on SLAs in a multi-tenant virtual environment
- Assure service delivery across various IT and infrastructure domains
- Manage a large and elastic inventory of physical and virtual infrastructure components
- Enhance collaboration and teamwork by sharing network and IT expertise
- Optimize margins by leveraging one OSS ecosystem in extension to the one used for assuring carrier grade VPN services.
InfoVista’s proven carrier grade performance assurance platform encompasses proactive monitoring, real-time troubleshooting, reporting, and capacity management functions in a multi-tenant architecture that supports virtualization and cloud computing technologies (Compute as a Service, Storage as a Service).
InfoVista’s solution for IaaS assurance provides:
- A Web 2.0 portal (Vista360™) that enables collaborative teamwork, discussion, and common visibility across different cloud service organizations.
- Integrated application and infrastructure performance assurance that makes it possible to augment and differentiate private cloud and IaaS portfolios by monetizing application layer visibility.
- Aggregated and detailed business contextual analytics and views (i.e. by customer, business unit, location, etc.) to assess and assure service quality at an organizational grouping level.
- A carrier-grade, multi-tenant architecture that includes facilities for multi-tiered customer/service modeling, scalability, hierarchical analysis and navigation, and security features to support the requirements for commercial management of internal and external private cloud services.
- A tenant-based service dashboard that provides infrastructure utilization views, and trending and forecasting indicators that facilitate effective service growth and infrastructure right-sizing.
- A unique service and discovery model that enables the mapping of complex virtual and physical infrastructure components and application flows on a granular level, easing the management and deployment of on-demand services in multi-tenant, multi-service environments.
- An application dependency map for a unique understanding of the inter-dependency among virtual and physical cloud infrastructure elements (data center applications, physical and virtual servers, compute and storage platforms, networks), to increase operational efficiencies, reduce the complexity and cost of managing cloud-based IT, and expedite problem identification and mean time-to-repair (MTTR).
- Event-driven monitoring with comprehensive KPIs, including storage, network and compute layers that provide real-time scanning to accurately troubleshoot infrastructure problems.
- An early warning capability that helps operations teams reduce MTTR, ensure SLA warranties and improve end-user satisfaction through proactive identification of performance degradation and preventive care.