VistaLink® for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM
Integrated Performance Reporting and Analysis for Your Alcatel-Lucent Network Environment
Service providers deploying an Alcatel-Lucent network—either as a stand-alone implementation or as part of a multivendor, end-to-end service environment—need to be able to analyze and report on that network from both an operational and customer service perspective. To do so, they need performance management/operational support system (OSS) capabilities that are linked to the underlying network hardware and element management software. Without OSS and element management system (EMS) integration, network operations teams won’t be able to effectively map service performance issues to points of failure, rapidly resolve problems, comply with customer SLAs and reporting needs, and plan future infrastructure investments.
What’s more, because the launch of a new service often involves the addition of new transport infrastructure, service providers must be able to address the ongoing logistical challenge of ensuring that critical OSS applications are synchronized and compatible with a changing network environment. Failure to meet this challenge can result in slower time to market, service performance and infrastructure management issues, and increasing network management costs—all leading to customer dissatisfaction and churn.
InfoVista’s VistaLink® for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) is a prebuilt integration solution (certified by the Alcatel-Lucent OSS Connected Partner Program) that offers the benefits of best-of-breed, off-the-shelf software without the typical costs and risks of complex integration projects. This extension module provides Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM users with a sophisticated multivendor network performance monitoring and service assurance solution suitable for large heterogeneous networks while fully leveraging the capabilities of the Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM suite.
VistaLink® for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM model for service quality visualization
Together, the InfoVista and Alcatel-Lucent solutions accelerate service provisioning and assurance of IP-MPLS/Carrier Ethernet-based VPN services and mobile backhaul offerings. They deliver complete manageability to simplify the introduction of business, broadband, and mobile services—from creation, provisioning and activation, to capacity monitoring, service-level problem detection, troubleshooting and customer SLA reporting.
The VistaLink® for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM, together with Alcatel-Lucent’s 5620 SAM, empowers service providers to:
- Increase operational efficiencies in managing and monitoring Alcatel-Lucent networked environments (including broadband, business services, and mobile backhaul) through streamlined service activation, provisioning, and performance reporting processes
- Monitor and assure performance of Carrier Ethernet/IP-MPLS based VPN services and mobile backhaul offerings through out-of-the-box, real-time and historical views of network and service key performance indicators, including utilization, availability, capacity monitoring, quality of service (QoS) and end-to-end performance statistics
- Proactively identify QoS degradation, routing and capacity problems to efficiently diagnose, resolve and prevent their detrimental effect on service performance and service-level obligations
- Expedite delivery of existing and new services (that utilize Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM-supported devices) through an off-the-shelf integration product that stays in-synch and timely with Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM and network equipment portfolio developments
Integrated self-service dashboard for user-defined analytics and alerting
VistaLink® for Alcatel-Lucent 5620 SAM provides:
- Out-of-the-box KPIs and reports addressing a variety of Alcatel-Lucent network equipment, technology and reporting needs
- In-depth visibility and monitoring of pertinent objects in the Alcatel-Lucent network environment, including routers, interfaces, service access points (SAPs), SAP queues, service delivery points (SDPs), link aggregation groups, multilink point-to-point protocol bundles (MLPPPs), MPLS interfaces, MPLS LSPs, and OAM tests
- A service-centric and customer-aware approach to performance management via service-level monitoring and customer-facing reports
- Auto-discovery of topology and synchronization between the 5620 SAM database and InfoVista’s VistaMart database
- Automated statistics and accounting data retrieval from the 5620 SAM database
- Multiple, role-based views of the Alcatel-Lucent infrastructure, with multi-layered navigation
- Support for 5620 SAM redundancy features
As a Connected+ partner (the top tier of Alcatel-Lucent’s Connected Partner Program), InfoVista commits to proactively maintaining interoperability with the latest releases of Alcatel-Lucent’s 5620 SAM and service router portfolio. Through InfoVista’s close interactions and collaboration with the SAM OSS team, plus a rigorous test program for certification, service providers can be assured that their performance management and network monitoring environment will continue to execute flawlessly, even after their network is upgraded, enabling them to take advantage of the latest features in a new Alcatel-Lucent release.