5View™ Application Response Manager
Detailed Application Performance Monitoring and Application Response Monitoring
With voice, multimedia and data all sharing a common IP network infrastructure, it’s more difficult than ever for enterprises and their service providers to monitor and ensure the performance of IP-based services. Today, organizations rely heavily on the applications used and data that travels over the corporate network, making it a vital business vehicle. Thus, it’s critical to monitor quality of experience (QoE) across the distributed network to ensure consistent, quality application response times and performance as well as compliance with enterprise SLAs.
To do so, managed service providers and internal IT network staff need the ability to analyze the performance of the applications themselves (for example, Oracle Financials, Lotus Notes, IP printing, pcAnywhere) as they travel from the data center across the VPN to users.
A Solution for Application Performance Monitoring and Reporting
5View™ Application Response Manager, an option of InfoVista’s 5View™ Service Data Manager, provides richly detailed application performance management and analysis capabilities, enabling internal or outsourced IT operations to more easily troubleshoot and resolve application problems, monitor application quality for trending and capacity planning, report on application performance, and ensure quality of service for the applications running over an IP network. Utilizing deep packet inspection (DPI), Application Response Manager takes the data collected from the 5View™ Applications appliance and offers in-depth identification of applications and performance monitoring metrics, including connection set-up time, server/client acknowledgement time and server/client response time.
In addition, Application Response Manager interoperates with and complements InfoVista’s VistaInsight® for Networks performance management solution to offer service providers the opportunity to unite network performance management and application performance management. It does this by extending the traditional IP and Ethernet network connectivity and quality of service perspective to encompass the user experience and application performance perspective.
- The capabilities service providers need to add application response monitoring, reporting and visibility to their services portfolios, enabling them to offer additional revenue-generating products to their high-value enterprise clients or application end users
- Faster deployment and reduced cost of ownership of application performance services through a carrier-class, highly scalable, multi-tenant architecture and out-of-the-box KPIs, reports and alarms
- Support of Cisco’s Application Visibility and Control (AVC)
- Deeper analysis of application quality—from real-time and historical perspectives—through support of deep packet inspection (DPI) and massive data capture and storage capabilities. This aids in troubleshooting quality of service issues and tracking application behavior trends for capacity planning and application management
- Enhanced proactive service monitoring and reduced time-to-resolution for application-based performance problems, ensuring a quality end-user experience and compliance with application-based SLAs
- Benchmarking of application performance levels and identification of appropriate candidates for application acceleration
- A means to compare application quality status “before and after” application acceleration technologies are applied and monitor application response time improvements
- Lower operational costs via a centralized management platform that offers ease of configuration and deployment, and processes large volumes of data without sacrificing visibility into detailed data records
- Increased operational efficiency and maximized ROI by offering an optional, common, interoperating platform for network, service, and application performance management
5View™ Application Response Manager provides:
- Monitoring of application layer (Layer 7) of client/server communications for in-depth analysis of application response time and quality
- Out-of-the-box reporting and KPIs for a variety of application performance views
- A flexible reporting definition environment that allows the service provider to meet various customer reporting requirements
- Preconfigured alarms for detection of abnormal behavior, such as slow application response time, high retransmissions, or server inactivity
- Centralized deployment and configuration of distributed 5View™ Applications data collection appliances
- Support for deep packet inspection (DPI) techniques and massive packet data capture on appliance (5View Teracap option)
- Advanced troubleshooting of performance degradation on quality of service (QoS)-enabled VPNs
- Compatibility and common platform with InfoVista’s VistaInsight® for Networks solution, providing a consistent view of both network- and application-based services