Self-Service ReportingExploit Real-Time Network Performance and Application Performance Management Information to Improve Performance, Operational Efficiency and the Customer Experience
Today’s network and communications environments generate huge amounts of data, much of it centered on performance and quality. However, getting at this performance-related information when it is needed is a constant challenge for providers of IT and communications services who are looking to ensure that end users and consumers have the right experience from their applications and services.
Have you ever needed to keep an eye on specific customer services, or specific site-to-site applications? Required insight into which applications are consuming valuable bandwidth? Needed to understand whether abnormal network behavior is a trend or just a spike?
InfoVista offers solutions to meet service provider and enterprise requirements for real-time actionable data and help them to rapidly address network performance and application performance problems that negatively impact the end-user experience. VistaInsight® and 5View™ customers can leverage the comprehensive performance data in InfoVista’s Unified Service Performance Assurance Platform and 5View™ Service Data Manager software platforms to gain immediate visibility into real-time data. This gives users insight into performance across a specific router, port or interface instance.
More elaborate operational perspectives can be gained via InfoVista’s Vista360™ network performance and application performance dashboard, which sits across any of InfoVista’s network, server and application performance management products. Vista360 enables a proactive performance-based approach to operational management of next-generation services, allowing service providers and enterprise IT departments to focus on real-time customer experience issues while helping them to maintain operational and cost efficiency.
Using the concepts of Web 2.0, InfoVista Vista360™ is an innovative application that complements InfoVista's traditional user interface—which includes Live Charts functionality and 5View™ Service Data Manager integration—to deliver simplified and flexible management of operational and customer reporting. Key features include:
- Self-service dashboards—using self-defined criteria, users can freely and simply create an abstract of the network, application or customer service data that is most relevant to them. This is done via drag and drop, which means you no longer have to rely on systems administrators to get the information you need. Users can also save all parameters and visualizations of an ad-hoc request for later use in an end-user-specific context.
- Automatic synchronization with the network and service database—any changes discovered within the solution associated with topology, resources or services are instantly captured by the Vista360 application and network performance dashboards, ensuring operators are always working with the latest information. What makes this feature even more powerful is its ability to leverage user-defined search criteria to instantly identify changes to an environment whenever a user’s dashboard is opened.
- Powerful and intuitive views—Vista360 allows new kinds of users to take advantage of InfoVista data by exposing our rich data set to a larger audience in a variety of end-user-defined views. Whether you’re a service manager paying attention to particular customers, a network and service operations professional needing quick access to service troubleshooting, an executive keeping a watchful eye on key performance indicators, or an end user requiring frequent access to a changing data set, Vista360 has a view for you.
- One click for a full picture of a customer’s service—Vista360 delivers a simple and powerful way to improve operational efficiency via a single, common user interface for linking customer experience to services, applications and the network infrastructure. The dashboard leverages the network and application performance data from VistaInsight® for Networks and 5View™ Service Data Manager to empower service providers and enterprise IT departments to visualize the relationship between application usage and infrastructure performance.
- Live analytics—a user can browse easily to identify trends and correlate statistics to discover the root cause of network and application performance issues and resolve problems more rapidly. This feature also allows the export of reports as live PDF files with embedded data, which significantly enhances the ability to perform post-event analysis.