End-User Quality of ExperienceEnsure a High Quality Customer Experience With a Unified Platform for Network Performance Management and Application Performance Management
It’s not enough to simply offer bandwidth and connectivity. With today’s customers demanding high quality on a variety of voice, video and data applications, service providers must be able to measure and ensure the end-user quality of experience (QoE)—or they risk customer dissatisfaction, churn and lost revenue.
End-user quality of experience (QoE) is a telecommunications provider’s measure of the quality of the delivered service or application. It differs from quality of service (QoS), which measures the service provider’s ability to prioritize different applications, users, or data flows across the network to address performance metrics associated with bit rate, delay, jitter and packet loss. For example, a service provider delivering excellent quality of service (QoS) metrics in terms of traffic flow may not be able to account for poor end-user QoE when a video-conference customer experiences delays, a voice over IP (VoIP) user hears an echo, or a video stream inexplicably stalls.
InfoVista offers a unified network performance management and application performance management platform that enables service providers to measure and assure both QoS and end-user quality of experience (QoE) on the services they deliver:
InfoVista’s VistaInsight® for Networks provides a best-of-breed, end-to-end network performance monitoring and reporting tool that helps you to ensure that your customers’ voice, video and data packets are treated in a prioritized way (that is, marked, queued and transported properly and according to QoS best practices)
- Our fully interoperable application performance management software, 5View™ Service Data Manager, provides the platform for analysis of service usage data. Its variety of options offers focused metrics to enable you to monitor and quantify end-user QoE.
- The 5View application monitoring appliances enable you to passively collect and analyze application transactions from your network- all the way to your customers’ premises and subscribers, so that voice, mobile data, email, file transfers, and other applications are monitored for correct treatment according to their importance and sensitivity to delay and degradation, and measured for the all-important end-user QoE
- InfoVista solutions for mobile data services provide real-time visibility into the mobile packet core and wireless backhaul environments, enabling you to troubleshoot problems more proactively and better plan for future traffic needs, so you can provide data services more efficiently and effectively, and enhance the end-user experience
- Our solutions offer services markets offer consolidated, end-to-end service visibility, correlating QoE metrics with resource performance. Proactive monitoring and ease of troubleshooting enable you to quickly catch and address issues before the user experience is adversely affected.
The end-user quality of experience (QoE) has many dimensions, and InfoVista looks at all of them. Our unified network performance management and application performance management platform provides:
- Comprehensive support across a variety of network infrastructures, including advanced reporting on leading network equipment vendors’ quality of service (QoS) capabilities
- The ability to monitor QoS in the customer’s queue, as well as the overarching, hierarchical queue, to more quickly identify the source of service disruptions and ensure optimum traffic flow, performance and end-user QoE on a wide range of applications
- Real-time network traffic monitoring capabilities that illuminate the relationship between application delivery and network resources, thus helping to rapidly identify and address points of failure and congestion
- Support of packet capture and analysis and deep packet inspection (DPI) capabilities, which enables network managers to view application transactions beyond the IP header so they can identify who is using the application, the traffic type or priority of the application, which client and server is being used, and the most critical metrics for understanding end-user experience, such as application response time
- Discovery and analysis of IP detail records (IPDRs) to quickly troubleshoot the cause of quality issues and improve the end-user QoE going forward
- The ability to proactively troubleshoot problems and better plan for future traffic needs across the mobile packet core and wireless backhaul environments, enabling service providers to deliver mobile data services more efficiently and effectively and enhance the end-user experience
- Proactive monitoring of triple-play service-impacting performance indicators across the entire broadband service delivery chain (access, aggregation and core networks, and the data center), enabling you to assure a quality user experience