Carrier Ethernet technology is enabling service providers to provide high-bandwidth, high-value, corporate connectivity services while achieving greater flexibility and cost efficiency from their core network infrastructures.
Whether deployed for next-generation services, or as a replacement for legacy technologies, Carrier Ethernet services are booming in both retail and wholesale markets driven by bandwidth hungry applications across the globe, especially in the realm of wholesale access including mobile backhaul services.
These varied services all come with an anticipation of a high-quality user experience accompanied by stringent service-level agreements. To meet these expectations, service providers need standards-based, end-to-end network performance management and visibility, which helps them to ensure high-quality, reliable services to their customers, regardless of the composition of the infrastructure.
InfoVista's VistaInsight® for Networks, provides MEF-aligned, proactive network performance management and service performance assurance for carrier-class, multivendor Carrier Ethernet environments, equipping operations personnel, network engineers, and capacity planners with an end-to-end view of service performance, including mobile backhaul services. Service providers can extend the powerful monitoring and reporting capabilities in VistaInsight for Networks to their enterprise customers via an intuitive portal that shows service and network performance against next-generation network service-level guarantees, delivering the proof-point for these high-value Carrier Ethernet services and support the differentiation required to compete in today’s competitive CSP market.
- Vendor-agnostic collection of network service performance information
- Network/platform utilization and error-level measurements
- Traffic monitoring against provisioned traffic profiles
- Verification of quality of service (QoS) policies in relation to each class of service on each interface
- Detection of sudden and long-term network performance deviations from normality
- Utilization measurement in relation to interface capacity
- Future capacity utilization projections based on long-term trends
- Detection of problematic network and service performance conditions
- Leveraging of operation, administration, and maintenance (OAM) measurements including delay, delay variation, and frame loss
- Organized high-level analysis and detailed metrics that relate quality of service (QoS) from the customer’s perspective to the performance of the supporting technology
InfoVista is committed to Carrier Ethernet. Through strategic partnerships and integration with leading vendors Alcatel-Lucent, Cisco, Juniper, Huawei, and ADVA Optical, InfoVista can react to service provider requirements for next-generation network performance management and reporting, regardless of the Carrier Ethernet equipment vendor. In addition, InfoVista is an active member of the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF), helping champion and drive the acceptance of service management techniques as a means to accurately and efficiently deliver and monitor Carrier Ethernet-based services.