5View™ NetFlow SP
Application Performance Management Appliance for Carrier Grade Network Flow Monitoring
5View NetFlow provides invaluable insight into traffic patterns and how bandwidth is being consumed to support real-time troubleshooting, definition of operational baselines and trends, capacity planning, validating QoS policies and resource loading. Ready to run, 5View NetFlow appliances seamlessly integrate into existing infrastructures to provide first-line collection, storage and analysis of flow data.
As a dedicated flow solution, 5View NetFlow processes up to 350,000 flows per second, making it ideal for the high traffic volumes encountered in communication service provider and global enterprise environments. 5View NetFlow supports a wide range of flow technologies such as NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow and jFlow, cflowd, and NetStream, ensuring flow data generated by any source can be collected and analyzed.
Incorporating a web-based management interface, 5View NetFlow provides immediate access to flow data for analysis and reporting to support troubleshooting of issues in real-time. Highly granular flow data can be retained for historical analysis to understand network and application performance and traffic trends over time.
When collecting and processing flow data from devices across the infrastructure, 5View NetFlow checks for duplicate flow records and automatically purges any duplicates to maintain flow data integrity. By design, flow data is unidirectional only and the ability to correlate flows as conversation pairs is essential for proper analysis. 5View Netflow implements a unique flow-stitching technology to establish flow pairing.
For deeper analytics, 5View Netflow appliances can be configured to forward Internet Protocol Data Records (IPDRs) to 5View Mediation™ and 5View Service Data Manager™.
The 5View™ NetFlow SP appliance equips service providers with the flow data collection capabilities they need to efficiently and cost-effectively launch application usage visibility/management services in multi-customer environments. It provides:
- Dedicated flow appliance with broad flow technology support
- One min data granularity ensuring all events are captured
- Comprehensive support of current flow technologies, including NetFlow v5, v7 and v9, JFlow, sflow, cFlowd, NetStream, IPFIX and Flexible NetFlow (FnF)
- Support for Cisco’s Application Visibility and Control (AVC)
- Advanced in-appliance flow record storage
- Automated flow record de-duplication
- Flow-stitching enables association of unidirectional conversational flows
- Built-in web-based management interface provides access to analysis and reporting